Friday, March 22, 2013

Trip to Michigan

By Charlie—grade 4

About a year ago my family and I took a trip to Michigan. First there was the packing and that took about an hour. Then I got the books that I wanted and got into the car. Then my family and I drove there and that took two days. We were there for about two weeks. The AC did not work and I was very hot. The CD player did not work. I would have been bored but I had brought some books. In the car there were five kids and their names were Oscar, Charlie, Georgie, Jackie and Susanna.

When we got to Michigan we had to get the key and go to our room. There were beds and those kinds of things. I woke up and it was time to have breakfast so I threw on my clothes and put my shoes on and my family and I went to the breakfast room.

The breakfast room was a small building and if it was a sunny day the sun could shine through. I got some cereal and milk and began to eat it. Later on my family and I went to an island called Mackinac. There was a ferry close by. My family and I decided to walk there. Then we got on a ferry and I sat by the window next to my brother Georgie. On the way I saw a light house that was on a book that my dad had. When we got to the island I got off.

On that island there were no cars, just bikes or wagons pulled by horses. I went to a store with my mom and got a bag of cookies. Then we went to a park. At the park they had a fort. On the water fountain I had to push a foot lever to get the water out. There was also an old Indian church. I grabbed a cookie and went to go look at it. Then Oscar, Georgie, my dad and I went to the fort. At the fort there was a building that was a jail. You could go in the jail. I could lock myself in. At the very top of the fort I could see an enormous view of the town.

Afterwards we got ice cream, and we got back on the ferry and went back to the hotel. That night we went in a pool. There was a hot tub too and the pool was heated. It was 25 yards long. After we swam we went to bed. The trip was a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment